9.27.2010

gourmet picture books


At age five, I fell in love with Bread and Jam for Frances -- specifically the wonderful lunch her mother packs at the end of the story (“… a thermos bottle with cream of tomato soup … and a lobster-salad sandwich on thin slices of white bread … celery, carrot sticks, and black olives and a little cardboard shaker of salt for the celery … two plums and a tiny basket of cherries. And vanilla pudding with chocolate sprinkles …”).

Thanks to Frances (and her lunch), I have since then acquired (and later started collecting) a growing number of (what I like to cal) Picture Books for the Culinary Inclined. So I was happy when I saw this recent OhDeeDoh post that listed two titles I was not familiar with.

While the titles may not circulated wonderfully in a public library collection – they look like good additions for a Culinary Inclined Household.

No comments:

Post a Comment